Posted: October 16, 2009, 7:45 p.m. EDT
1. Ferrets get the same type of ear mite as your dog or cat. True or False?
2. Ferrets groom themselves and each other, so there isn’t any need for you to groom them. True or False?
3. Ingested hair can form hairballs in a ferret’s stomach and cause life-threatening blockages. True or False?
4. Ferrets have two types of fur; the shorter undercoat provides warmth and longer guard hairs provide weather protection. True or False?
5. Molting and shedding generally mean the same thing in ferrets, coat change. True or False?
6. Ferrets have active oil glands in their skin, which is the main source of their body odor. True or False?
7. Flea eggs can lay dormant for up to two years waiting for ideal conditions — temperature, humidity and vibration — to hatch and jump on your ferret. True or False?
8. Ferrets are naturally good swimmers, and can happily play in their bath water without supervision. True or False?
9. A ferret’s diet can have a big affect on the amount of plaque that accumulates on its teeth. True or False?
10. Dental disease can cause damage to a ferret’s other body organs, such as the heart and kidneys. True or False?
11. Untreated flea infestations can cause anemia in your ferret. True or False?
12. Ferrets have 30 baby teeth and 34 adult teeth. True or False?
13. Ferrets have ample sweat glands to keep them cool in warm weather. True or False?
14. Cataracts, a clouding of the lens, are often found in ferrets as young as 1 year of age. True or False?
Please scroll down to see the answers.