ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Although children under 13 may view the BowTie Websites, we do not permit children under 13 to register for services, like our discussion forums and Club Critter without express written consent from their parent or guardian, also known as a COPPA release form. We encourage parents or guardians to supervise Internet activity of all children under 18.
BowTie owns all right, title and interest in and to the material appearing on the BowTie Websites, including, without limitation, all marks, graphics, images, layouts, presentation, page headers, button icons, typefaces, trade names, trade dress, logos, content, website design, data compilations, and text, which are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress and other intellectual property laws. Any use of BowTie’s trademarks, trade dress or copyrighted materials without our express permission is strictly forbidden.
Your accessing and viewing of the BowTie Websites is only for your personal, non-commercial use. Aside from page caching and the downloading of a single copy of the BowTie Websites for your own personal, non-commercial use, no other uses are permitted.
Earning Club Critter Points
To ensure you receive credit for your Club Critter transactions, please be sure to log in to your account when you visit the SmallAnimalChannel.com. Club Critter Members may track their summary online at www.smallanimalchannel.com or by subscribing to receive the Club Critter eSummarySM. Club Critter eSummary subscribers receive their summary and information every month, regardless of activity level. Your summary includes points earned, along with newsletters and special promotions.
• If your account has no qualifying activity in any 1-month period, all points in the account will expire. Qualifying activity is defined as redeeming any Club Critter award or accruing points for any eligible Club Critter activity.
• Points will be credited only to the account of the Club Critter member.
• Except as otherwise explained below, Club Critter points are not transferable and may not be combined among Club Critter members, their estates, successors and assigns. Accrued points and awards do not constitute property of the member. Neither accrued points, nor awards are transferable by the member (i) upon death, (ii) as part of a domestic relations matter, or (iii) otherwise by operation of law.
• Club Critter points are determined by the activity you participate in and the points are explicitly stated at the point of participation.
• Only individual persons are eligible for Club Critter program membership. Corporations or other entities are not eligible to become Club Critter members or to accrue Club Critter points. Only the member named on the account will be entitled to access account information.
Club Critter Award Conditions
To ensure you receive credit for your Club Critter transactions, please log in to Club Critter number when you participate in a Club Critter activity. SmallAnimalChannel.com, in its sole discretion, has the right to change the Club Critter program rules, regulations, awards and special offers at any time with or without notice. This means that the accumulation of points does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to such accumulated points, awards or program benefits. In accumulating points or awards, members may not rely upon the continued availability of any award or award level, and members may not be able to obtain all offered awards. Any award may be withdrawn or subject to increased points requirements or new restrictions at any time. SmallAnimalChannel.com may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting points, or rules for the use of points SmallAnimalChannel.com reserves the right to end the Club Critter program with 30 days notice. SmallAnimalChannel.com may amend its rules of the Club Critter program at any time without notice. Once points are redeemed for awards, all transactions are final. There are not any returns or exchanges allowed. Income tax liability on Club Critter awards, if any, is the responsibility of the member.
General Club Critter Conditions
• At no time may Club Critter points be purchased, sold or bartered. Any such points are void if transferred for cash or other consideration. Violators may be liable for damages and litigation costs, including SmallAnimalChannel.com attorneys fees incurred in enforcing this rule.
• SmallAnimalChannel.com reserves the right to audit any and all accounts at any time and without notice to the member to ensure compliance with Club Critter program rules and applicable conditions. In the event that an audit reveals discrepancies or violations, the processing of Club Critter awards, points accrual and summaries may be delayed until the discrepancies or violations are resolved satisfactorily to SmallAnimalChannel.com. Pending such resolution, members may be prohibited from redeeming points for a Club Critter award in SmallAnimalChannel.com’s sole discretion.
• If SmallAnimalChannel.com and/or any Club Critter participant improperly denies a member points, credit, awards, or some other benefit, the member's exclusive remedy shall be the issuance of the improperly denied credit, award or benefit if available, or such other alternative comparable benefit as determined by SmallAnimalChannel.com, which shall have no additional liability whatsoever. In no event shall SmallAnimalChannel.com or any Club Critter participant be liable to any member, or anyone claiming through a member, for any direct, indirect or consequential damages, or lost revenue or profits, arising out of SmallAnimalChannel.com or any Club Critter participant acts or omissions in connection with the Club Critter program.
The BowTie Websites offer a number of activities and opportunities for interaction, which include but are not specific to chat areas, message boards and/or e-mail functions. Prior to participation, we require users to register and provide a username, password and e-mail address. Because of the public nature of the activities on this website, we recommend that you exercise discretion in the type of information you decide to post in our activities. We have no control over the privacy practices of any community user. Likewise, we have no control over the content posted by the users of the activities on this website and cannot ensure that the content will not be objectionable or offensive. Objections to content can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Although we have no obligation to monitor content, we reserve the right to delete or edit content from any of the activities on this website at any time for any reason.
By participating in the activities on this website, you agree that you will not post any content that:
1. Is vulgar, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, harassing, hateful, threatening, abusive, slanderous, defamatory or invades the privacy of any third party;
2. Is offensive on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion;
3. Violates any rights of any third party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, moral rights, or other proprietary rights, or any laws;
4. Does not relate to the subject matter of the activities on this website for which you have registered;
5. Contains any viruses, worms or other components intended to provide unauthorized access to third party data or disrupt or damage the functioning of computer hardware, software or telecommunications equipment;
6. Constitutes spam, unsolicited advertising, chain letters or any form of gambling or lottery;
7. Is commercial in nature including, but not limited to any advertising content.
By posting content to any of the activities on this website, you automatically assign to BowTie all right, title and interest in and to such content and grant BowTie the right to use your name or identifying information in connection with such posted content. Although we have no obligation to monitor content, we reserve the right to delete or edit content that you may have submitted at any time for any reason.
It is solely your responsibility to keep your account information and password secure. Do not disclose your account information, including password to anyone that you have not authorized to use your account. You assume all liability from the use of the BowTie Websites from any users that use your account. You agree to notify BowTie immediately of any unauthorized account use or security breach. BowTie disclaims all liability arising from your failure to keep your account information and password secure.
THE BOWTIE WEBSITES AND RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE BOWTIE WEBSITES, THE CONTENT, INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH SITES, AND GOOD OR SERVICES PURCHASED THROUGH SUCH SITES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULR PURPOSE TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, BOWTIE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE BOWTIE WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE FROM ERRORS, VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THE BOWTIE WEBSITES IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES LINKED TO OR FROM THE BOWTIE WEBSITES ARE NOT CONTROLLED BY BOWTIE. BOWTIE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENT ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES. YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY CLAIM AGAINST BOWTIE REGARDING SUCH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
BOWTIE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE BOWTIE WEBSITES OR SERVICES AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE BOWTIE WEBSITES EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE BOWTIE WEBSITES.
CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT MATERIAL
BowTie respects the intellectual property rights of others and we expect our users to do the same. If you believe that material posted on the BowTie Websites infringes your copyright, please provide a written notification containing all of the following to our Copyright Agent:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the allegedly infringed copyright (or such person’s authorized representative).
2. A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at issue, a list of such works.
3. A description of the material on the BowTie Websites (including the precise websites addresses on which the allegedly infringing material appears) that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, with information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
4. Contact information for the complaining party, including address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the allegedly infringing material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
BowTie does not guarantee that any complained-of content will be deleted or modified. BowTie’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is:
Irvine, CA 92618